Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Ducky

Just a quick one. The skies parted, sort of, and we were actually able to walk outside this morning (and lucked out yesterday, too). Today we walked in the morning around Laurel Lake. Aside from the very animated and dedicated group of ladies walking in the opposite direction (they lap the lake 5-6 times they said, impressive!) we had additional company.

Laurel Lakes ducks now have ducklings. One group of 4-5 little ones was hugging the bank. Another very little one was with Mom and Dad? One wonders whether the predators--turtles, foxes etc who make growing to full duckhood a tricky business already got some of the second Mom's brood. We'll see how many are there next week. Sorry, no photos this time.

1 comment:

Laurel Realtor said...

Congratulations on being able to walk this morning. I am hoping for a dry period so I can cut my lawn instead of watching my grass grow.

I believe a walk around the lake is almost a mile. So I am impressed those ladies walk around it five or six times.

I also love to see the little ducks. However, some of those geese are quite aggressive for food.